Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Jump Shop @ Aqua City Odaiba














After attending the Gundam Expo Tokyo 2007 event in Ikebukuro, I went to Odaiba to check out the shopping malls and killing time before the big WonderFest 2007 Summer event on the following day. While window shopping in Aqua City Odaiba, I stumbled upon Jump Shop on the third floor, which was set up to celebrate the 10th anniversary of One Piece (my all-time favorite Shonen series!), and selling all sorts of One Piece merchandise, as well as a whole bunch of miscellaneous fun goods from Death Note, Dragon Ball Z, D.Gray-man, Bleach, Naruto and others. Opens from July 6th - September 2nd.

I was quite surprised to find that there was a cross manga of One Piece and Dragon Ball Z! Can anyone tell me if this is an ongoing manga?


Luffy's Devil Fruit! Actual 1/1 size I think.
Gomu Gomu no Mi - Rubber Rubber fruit


































Mizu Luffy!



Very cool mural of characters from various manga titles published in Shonen Jump magazine, all dressed up in pirate gear!


Gotta go back there again some day to get Luffy's straw hat!

Looking for cool merchandise of your favorite Shonen Jump series? Check out Mekke Shueisha Shopping Plaza to see what they have on offer, contact tokyohunter@gmail.com, and I'll help with purchasing the items for you.

Jump Shop @ Aqua City Odaiba picture gallery

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! This looks amazing! I knew I should've gone to Odaiba!! The next time I go to Tokyo, I'm definitely going there with lots of money! Looking at the pics, I seriously wanna buy everything! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Is the shop open year-long, or is it just an exhibition?

Tokyo Hunter said...

It's only open from July 6th - September 2nd as explained in my post.

Anonymous said...

It's indeed adoreble and I too loves to went there but still it more looks like an exibition to me....Lets get some more info on it on google...and then make a plan accordingly....

Anonymous said...

the cross-manga is just for the 40th anniversary of shounen jump serialization, Eichiro Oda and Akira Toriyama joined their g-pens for this occasion only.. no manga, sorry :D

Tokyo Hunter said...

Thanks so much for clearing that up! Wish they did an actual cross-manga ... OVA would be great, too!