Sunday, August 19, 2007

Comiket #72








Hoping to avoid the crowds and lines to get into the halls, I went to attend Comiket #72 on the first day of the event (Friday, 17 August) in the mid afternoon. Upon arrival, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a sea of people (possibly half a million!) still at the event 2 hours before the closing time! The attendance numbers for WonderFest and Chara Hobby were no where near this many people! I can't possibly imagine how many more attended the event during the weekends. It's by far the biggest event I've ever been to in my entire life! This was my first Comiket and no way will I attend another one unless there's something there that I really want to buy there. I thought WonderFest was overcrowded but this is 100 times far worse than that. Combined with the summer heat, plus sweat and stench of the crowd, it's not a very pleasant experience, to say the least.

Since I registered using my HLJ business card for a press pass in order to take pics inside the halls, and written on the registration form that pics taken inside will only be shown on HLJ's website, I can only post the pics I took outside the halls here. My pics taken inside the halls will be posted on HLJ in the next couple of days.

I didn't spend much time outside at the cosplayers area taking pics as most of the cosplayers there weren't all that impressive. Just took some random shots of some cosplayers that caught my eye and had to rush inside the halls before I melt under the hot summer heat.

She's the only cutie I saw at the time. Sweet 'lil Al Azif from Demonbane!











Those living in Japan should be able to recognize who this guy is cosplaying as. Yes, it's the foreign guy from the Navitime ad!









Click on the following link for more pics of happenings and cosplayers outside the exhibition halls.

Comiket #72 gallery

No comments: