Saturday, July 08, 2006

No Dark Nurses in sight at Ginza ...

My day didn't start out according to plan with me waking up an hour late which caused me to arrive at Ginza at 10:15am instead of the planned arrival at 9am. According to Gamespot news, the 50 Dark Nurse cosplayes should be somewhere between Ginza station and the "Marion Theather Complex," but they were nowhere to be found and there is no "Marion Theather Complex" on ANY map I saw at Ginza and on my own Ginza map that I carried with me. There are plenty of theater complexes in Ginza but no "Marion Theater Complex." There are only 5 theaters in Ginza with names that start with the letter "M" -- Marunouchi Piccadilly 1&2, Marunouchi Louvre, Marunouchi Prazer, Marunouchi Toei, and Miyukiza. I went to both Marunouchi Piccadilly 1&2 and Marunouchi Toei (and a few other theaters that I can't remember the name of) and only Marunouchi Piccadilly 1&2 is showing the movie. No other theaters I saw in Ginza had it and the 50 Dark Nurse cosplayers were nowhere to be found. You might say that they had already left by the time I arrived. When I got there, there was no indication that they were there and they were supposed to be there for the entire morning. No flyers being handed out and none being thrown in the garbage bin by uninterested people, plus the only theater showing the movie had no one lining up to buy the tickets! I spent the whole morning walking through the entire Ginza area and decided to give up the search at noon, had lunch, and headed over to Akihabara. It was a rather dissapointing morning, but the day was better spent at Akihabara. There's a long list of items of interest I saw in Akihabara and tons of photos being uploaded now. Check back soon!

No comments: