Sunday, July 23, 2006

Double Hero Festival - 23 July 2006 - Part 1

I attended my first event in Japan today and boy, what a great way to start my first event experience! Today's event was the Double Hero Festival at Tokyo Dome celebrating the 30th anniversary of Toei's Super Sentai series and the 35th anniversary of Kamen Rider series. It was held on 22nd and 23rd of July but I only attended the 23rd one because it's Kamen Rider day at the event with special guest appearances of four main casts from the Kamen Rider Kabuto show. You should know by now how much I LOVE Kamen Riders! The 22nd one was Super Sentai day with special guest appearances of the five main casts from the Boukenger show. There were so many things to see at the event including displays of the costumes, vehicles, and props from ALL sentai shows plus costumes and vehicles of ALL Kamen Riders on display at the event. Tons of Boukenger and Kamen Rider Kabuto merchandise on sale during the event including some event-only exclusives such as the white and brown colored Worm figures from Kamen Rider Kabuto and a Special 5 Red Set of Red Rangers from Hurricaneger until Boukenger. There are also some Kamen Rider and Super Sentai t-shirts (adult sizes) for sale during the event priced at 2,980 yen each. I managed to grab one Kabuto t-shirt but it was one size larger than what I usually wear. It was the last one too so I had no other choice. And of course, what's a Super Sentai and Kamen Rider event without a live action show?! It's my first time watching a live show of the Sentai Rangers and Kamen Riders on stage fighting all kinds of villains and it was so much more exciting than watching the TV shows even though it doesn't have the state of the art special effects, only sound effects and voice acting, plus some cool fireworks. Still, the show was amazing! The live action show starts every 2 hours and I got to see it twice during the time I was there. I watched the entire show the first time but only listened to it the second time while I snap hundreds of pics of the costumes and props on display. I've divided the roughly 300 pictures I took into 2 parts because it's getting late now and I need to get some good sleep after a long, tiring, but exciting day attending my first event. I gotta work tomorrow too. I will upload part 2 tomorrow evening so do check back for the continuing coverage of the event! There are some pics I took that are very blurry , especially of the live action show because the assigned seats tickets were all sold out and I had to stand real far away to watch the show and took pics from roughly 30 meters away. I won't be writing the usual commentary under every picture due to the number of pics I've uploaded , so do ask me if there's something that interest you and you'd like more info on. For now, check out Part 1 of the event coverage! Enjoy!

Double Hero Festival pics - 23 July 2006 - Part 1

No comments: