Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Treasure Festa in Ariake 2 - Funny Bunny

FLCL is one of my favorite anime shows that I watch over a dozen times. It's been a while since I last watched the series, but I now feel like re-watching it again after I saw Funny Bunny's spectacular Canti color resin kit at Treasure Festa. Oh Haruko, I miss you so! >_<

Funny Bunny is a sculptor circle that had been offering their Canti resin kit for probably a year or two. When I first saw the kit at Hobby Complex 06 last year, I thought my dreams had finally came true to have found the perfect poseable figure of Canti. Sadly, it was only offered as an unpainted resin kit at the time and I just couldn't bring myself to buy it and will probably have to spend a fortune to have it professionally assembled and painted. The sculptor told me last year that they'll offer it as a color resin kit in 2009, which they did for Hobby Complex 08, Wonder Festival 2009 Summer, and this time at Treasure Festa in Ariake 2. Got to talk to them again and asked if they'll do one in red for the Atomsk version and he said perhaps for next Wonder Festival in February 2010. Currently saving up and prepare to buy both the regular Canti and the Atomsk version next year for my collection! Will still need a pro to do some shading work on the kits though.

Great use of Max Factory's di:stage display bases to create the custom papercraft diorama!

A couple closeup shots of the accurately detailed sculpt. I want this so bad! I might end up getting three kits. One of regular Canti with cardboard box over back of head, one of the Atomsk version, and another one of regular Canti with cape and shotgun to recreate the diorama above.

Atomsk! Another must-have!

Here's a painted sample of Funny Bunny's Canti color resin kit.

Pictured above are the resin parts molded in color. Some parts still require some painting.

The option parts consisting of the cape, halo, wings, shotgun, guitar, and spare hands were sold separately from the Canti color resin kit. Priced at 6,000 yen for the unpainted resin parts. Photo above show the painted samples.

Check out the flickr photo gallery set linked below for more pics.

Treasure Festa in Ariake 2 - Funny Bunny gallery

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg I want the FLCL kits so bad as well, lol.

Chewy said...

How much for a color resin kit? D:

Tokyo Hunter said...

Chewy,
The Canti kit itself cost 14,000 yen and the accessories cost 6,000 yen. I have the Canti kit up for auction on eBay now.