Monday, July 07, 2008

Tokyo Hunter Collection 2007

I've been waiting for the right day to post pics of my collection and to actually have the time to post and write about it ... and today's that day ... posting them up in celebration of the 2nd anniversary of Tokyo Hunter blog!

There will be two special postings today. First post (this one) is of pics of my collection that was taken right before the move in November 2007 from my old place in Tatebayashi to my current apartment in Sano city, Tochigi prefecture. You'll be able to see just how much my humble little collection has grow (and shrunk in some of the series I collect! ^^;) after I put up my second posting of the day of my current collection. I've been asked many times what the Hunter collects. Well, check out the pics below to find out!

I'm a tokusatsu guy who mainly collects S.I.C. figures along with some Gundam kits & action figures, Transformers, and some PVC figures on the side.
































Big Garo figure on the left was signed by director Keita Amemiya, and two sections of the shelf devoted to Kamen Rider 555 and Kamen Rider Black figures. I grew up watching Kamen Rider Black, and Kamen Rider 555 got me started collecting Kamen Rider toys.














Figures of one of my favorite Kamen Rider shows of all time on the top two sections. It's a mix of the S.I.C. Kamen Rider Blade figures and MegaHouse Art Works Undead Monsters. S.I.C. Kamen Rider Hibiki figures on the lower left and S.I.C. Kamen Rider Ryuki figures on the lower right. Not a big fan of both shows but I still collect the figures anyway because the S.I.C. versions look way better than the original show designs.














More S.I.C. figures and the first three figures from Bandai's Lord of Bystonwell series. I was hoping to see more of Takayuki Takeya's works in the Lord of Bystonwell series but too bad it didn't fair well in sales and Bandai had to put the series to an end after Leprechaun.















Final Fantasy figures with more in storage. ^^;














Square Enix Sora figures from Kingdom Hearts II and NECA Jack Skellington in the back. I had all Sora's six forms at the time. Three shown here and three others in a separate room that I hadn't got the time to open them up. Kingdom Hearts II was a blast to play and I'm really hoping that Square Enix will announce a third game in the upcoming Tokyo Game Show in October. Fingers crossed!















Another shelf 'o toys. A mix of toy lines from Kamen Rider Kabuto figures to Garo Equip & Prop series, Street Fighter, and Revoltech figures.
































Shelf for Banpresto's Rider Mask Display series, S.I.C. Takumi Damashii, Trigun and other trading figures and miscellaneous stuff.
































Games, piggy bank, One Piece trading figures, and more S.I.C. Takumi Damashii trading figures. The only games I fiished playing were Black & White 2, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and New Super Mario Bros. I don't think I'll ever have time to finish the rest, especially The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion!















Miscellaneous stuff, mostly unopened, in one corner of my bedroom.
































And finally, an IKEA Detolf shelf packed with Transformers! Got the Sports Label Nike Free Convoy & Megatron but missed out on Ultra Magnus at the time. I managed to get Ultra Magnus through a good friend of mine. Now where's my transforming socks?! ^^ I'm still thinking if I should put the Soundwave MP3 player and Frenzy & Rumble earphones to use or get an iPod nano ...
































Check out more photos in my flickr gallery linked below!

Tokyo Hunter Collection 2007 gallery

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Kamen Rider collection is most impressive! Gotta love all those SICs. XD

Kooh said...

Was looking forward to this post, haha. Truly something to be proud of! It's always great to look at a great figure collection.

Anonymous said...

O_O *Applies for a job at HobbyLink Japan*

Tokyo Hunter said...

Thanks!! ^^

My collection sure has grow a lot since last year. Gotta control my purchases now as I'm quickly running out of shelf space!