Monday, December 24, 2007

World Hobby Festival 17










Arrived at World Hobby Festival 17 about an hour and 30 minutes after the event started at 11am yesterday. I was supposed to be there early at 10am but after a night long company year end party and karaoke that lasted till 4am, I slept at 5am and woke up late at 10am. -_-; Shouldn't have slept at all. I didn't get anything or check out the flea market section of the event other than snapping photos for Danny Choo (some of my photos are posted here) and then rushed down to Tokyo to attend to a personal matter.

These two sculpts of Princess Mercedes from the Odin Sphere PS2 game will definitely be on my buy list if they are offered as PVCs. The one on the left is by Pearl but I forgot to check which group sculpted the one on the right.















Out of the many sculpts of Yoko at the event, this 1/4 scale version by Pearl is by far the best IMO. I'd get her if only she's scaled down to like 1/6 or 1/8. I got no space for something that huge!









Check out my flickr gallery for 269 photos of the event.

Warning
: Some photos are NSFW!

World Hobby Festival 17 coverage gallery

4 comments:

Johnson Huang said...

Hi Joseph,

Can you tell me how much the 1/4 Yoko resin kit was and how many were up for sale at the time?

Tokyo Hunter said...

Johnson,

Pearl's 1/4 Yoko resin kit was sold at 23,000 yen but I don't know how many were offered at the event. It was sold out by the time I got there.

Johnson Huang said...

Thanks for the info, Joseph.

Anonymous said...

anyone know of where I can find international toy traders - not looking to get scalped on ebay..

dasw_shdwknt@yahoo.com